PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA's revised GAAP procedures.
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2009, 00:28
Ando1Bar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
goin'flying, a meeting I attended with CASA yesterday had a similar tone. Bascially they read the press release and wouldn't offer any real assistance. We were told to sort it out with ATC regarding the circuit procedures. Also told it was our responsibility to now work with the other flying schools to prevent more than six needing the runway. Easier said than done.

The direct question was asked whether it was now a more dangerous situation to have traffic holding at inbound reporting points. They wouldn't really answer our question, although the body language seemed to agree with the statement. We were just told to keep a good lookout and perhaps ATC will give us a new procedure.

CFI, interesting to hear others in the industry weren't consulted. I thought for some reason our heads had been in the sand in recent months. It's rather sad, but not suprising, that CASA invoke the new rules and leave it up to us - ATC, business and pilots - to sort it out. Less than a week's notice makes it worse.

I'm still considering whether an incident notification form should be submitted everytime aircraft from our organisation are held at the inbound points and another aircraft arrives within our vacinity.