PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2009, 13:32
Dannyboyblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Stage 1

First they say you cant revise for the tests but yes you can, second dont worry if you dont get the cubes in initially, its a progressive skill so keep working on them. Third, all the information regarding the aircraft information you were sent thats at the end of the pack eg passenger amount range height flown, you dont need it only the first part of the pack that is the written stuff.

Ok Cube test, get this book Psychometric Tests for Dummies: Amazon.co.uk: Liam Healy: Books and use the net of cubes, aim to do all the questions in 7 mins, after a few weeks at it i could do them in 2 mins. 1 third of the test is in exactly the same format as these, the other 2 thirds are difficult but the revision will help a hell of a lot.

Time speed distance test, this is basic maths but its a lot of calculations in a small period of time. I would start but getting your 6 times table down as much as possible and when it comes to questions work out miles per min for example if aircraft a is doing 480 knots and aircraft b is doing 480 knots, both are flying towards each other they are 32 miles from each other how long till they hit? The answer is 2 mins because both are doing 8 miles per min. Lots like this, and also ones that tell you a decent rate with a fixed speed which airport is closest that sort of thing.

Logic, the working out in sequence stuff, very big paper this just work as quickly and accurately as you can, try finding revision material that gives commands such as reverse the final figures and put into a certain sequence. The amount of times i got to the end of the diagram and it said reverse or delete a command then had to do it all again was unreal but just work fast and accurately

Personality test, this is very small at this stage, the larger one comes in after you pass stage one, just be honest and try to keep the same opinion throughout

Nats questions, based on the paper they give you and an overall aviation knowledge, find out the distance from london to glasgow and london to brussels, they are a few time speed distance questions in the mix here as well, DME distance measuring equipment is range to a beacon, VOR ADF are direction, Glideslope is the angle of decent on the ILS, Localiser is the indicator of being left or right of track on the ILS

Be warned there is alot of outdated stuff in the info that NATS send out, outdated in the sense that alot more aviation knowledge is tested that is not supplied.

I passed stage 1 and the personality questionaire, just waiting to hear my results from stage 2 so if im not suicidal after hearing them i will right a full breakdown of that test here as well

Good luck to you all, apologies about the spelling

DBB