PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF piot retrenchments
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2009, 11:15
Captain Marvel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't see what the big problem is?

A pilot takes a leave of absence from QF and applies to JQ. If they meet the entry requirements and pass the JQ skills test and interview, then they are offered a position at a base as required by JQ at the bottom of the JQ seniority list. If they don't like the T&C or basing, they go elsewhere.

At the end of their QF leave of absence, they either go back to QF if there is a position available, stay with JQ, or go elsewhere.

It was reported that JQ is forecast 10% growth this financial year, QF declining 2-5%. Seems the prospects for career progression would be much better at JQ anyway. If you are near the bottom of the QF list, you are likely to remain there for a very very long time.

I wish those facing the axe at QF, the very best in being able to secure employment in other parts of the group if that is what they want.

I cannot believe people on the forum would rather see you thrown out on the street. Very sad the pent up anger people such as Tassie Devil and KABOY have - must be a real hoot to fly with them.