PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Runway behind you.
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2009, 10:17
Jimmy Do Little

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which I've noticed you've stopped doing since you were shown you didn't know what you were talking about
Some of us actually work for a living.

I might suggest that you have a look at the "Tech Log" forum rules... (Some examples follow)...

Tech Log is not ...
(a) an academic ivory tower with information being rigorously correct and subject to strict peer review.

(b) an idealistic think tank.

(c) available for, or of use only for, experienced Industry people. We want all PPRuNe people to use this forum and know that they are welcome and welcomed here. You will find here Industry beginners right through the whole range to the most experienced of Aviation, related Industry and academic personnel.

(a) abuse of another poster will not be tolerated at all ... play the ball hard by all means if the subject matter is controversial .. but NEVER the player. In using the term "abuse", we include anything of a nasty nature... including overt sarcasm, vilification, etc., etc. .. Please remember that a poster may be very new to the Industry and not have as much knowledge as more experienced people .. the aim is to spread the knowledge base amongst all who might have an interest in learning. This is not to suggest that friendly banter is not welcome .. I am sure that we all understand what is being suggested here ...

(b) it is an Industry truism that, if you ask 10 pilots (engineers/ATC-ers/FAs etc., etc.) a complex question, you will probably get 20 different answers. Sometimes a slightly different approach to an answer will make just that little bit of difference to your understanding the subject material ... we all learn and understand in slightly differing ways ..

(e) if you are posting an answer, please qualify your comments where appropriate, e.g., "on the such-and-such aircraft", "in my airline", "under British rules", etc. Sometimes, useful and detailed comments are rendered unusable if the reader doesn't know the context.

Maybe a moderator could elaborate further.

firstly all the writings about FAR 25 and performance A is not relevant to this poster's query as everyone here knows just how completely diffrent the certification criteria are.
I'll agree with that. Where I previously wrote FAR/JAR 25..., insert "Transport Catagory Aircraft with certified engine-out climb performance." Also agree - as previously stated - that it's not relevent to a typical PPL.

Last edited by Jimmy Do Little; 17th Jul 2009 at 11:05.