PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHC for Sale ?
Thread: CHC for Sale ?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2009, 07:59
Hoppit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"It is certainly a hell of a lot better than the last company I worked for. .....expressed their opinions by firing various projectiles at me..."
Erm, if the best comparison you can come up with for expressing your opinion that CHC is a good company to work for involves a war zone, then that pretty much sums it up.

The employment market may be slim at the moment, but some companies are recruiting and want experienced offshore pilots. CHC on the other hand is doing its utter best to encourage people to walk. Look to the future and when the market picks up, CHC will struggle to retain and recruit staff.

The Terms and Conditions and benefits that most of us joined under are been eroded by the consultation company that has been employed by First Reserve to rapidly improve the financial situation, because we all know now that the interim contract is sucking CHC dry.

Personally it has a significant effect on my life. The roster that allowed me to commute and see my family has gone. The replacment that is being offered is a poor substitute that means if I'm lucky I'll get to see them once every 3 weeks.

Although the consultation company thinks it is making progress in it goals, it has gone about much of it in completely the wrong way and the pilots have had enough of loosing their terms and conditions.

I hope my colleagues vote no to the poor roster that is being suggested and that the Southern bases vote for action too, so that as a united force we can sit the company down and work out improved terms and conditions of employment for all of us.

The companies future looks bleak, but without engineers and pilots it won't be much of an aviation company.

Last edited by Hoppit; 17th Jul 2009 at 08:12. Reason: spilling