PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Pel Air vs RFDS for the Air Ambulance contract in Australia
Old 17th Jul 2009, 00:02
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The PC V B200 is purely personal choice, that argument ends there:-)

"LS" in regards to the Toowoomba accident well there where Co. & pilot errors there (read the report)leading to that sad end result. You can't really use that as a yard stick as to what the B200 is or isn't capable of when talking about comparing the 200&350 airframes. Besides any airframe can end up a pile of smoking rubble when not handled correctly inc the B350.
The B200 @ MTOW & rotating at 94 kts (even better @104 kts balanced field length) with auto feather U/S & rudder boost inop (both you wouldn't intentionally go without operating) is still capable of flying at or above Vtoss (providing the pilot is well trained) until the pilot can clean the craft up then it will fly away at Vyse easily. ( I know it does we pratice this in the Sim). Oh & just for the record the PC12 can't do anything like that regardless of how flash the SE girl is

I still stand by my comments, the B200 & the B350 (with it's 20.7 so called protection) have little difference between them for what they are intended to do with regards to the Aeromed work here in Vic.

Wmk2