PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not interested in Jet republic?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2009, 23:42
Flintstone

You really have a downer on them, don't you? I'd recommend a bit more homework before announcing them dead in the water.

If I were in their position I'd have slowed down too. Why take delivery when by easing off you can take advantage of desperate manufacturers, pick up cheaper (and experienced) crew, buy while everyone else is selling and do so toward the upturn rather than while everything is still heading downward?

Why rush to open in a shrinking market? Why hurry to acquire new aircraft when everyone else is doing a serious stocktake and at best just treading water? If you were as knowledgable as you claim you'd understand just how much cheaper it is to pour money down a drain without aircraft than with them. Yes, you still lose money but at a vastly slower rate and it's better to do that, monitor the market and time your entrance than shut up shop, lose your core staff and hope they'll be around in a year or so. Generally speaking it's those who become fixated on the minutiae that fail to grasp the realities of such things.

Feel free to repeat just how shonky they are and will spiral into oblivion because they didn't parrot Bombardier's range figures but I'd recommend a little research on those involved, their experience and backgrounds before claiming the mantle of Oracle.