PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Helicopter Pilots Association
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2009, 19:31
myassisgrass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Next Stage

As of 16th July 2009, CHC Global Operations officially filed for a hearing with the Canadian Federal Court of Appeals. Their wish is that the court will overturn the CIRB rulings and that our application for collective bargaining be thrown out.

On the other hand, the GHPA has officially filed notification that we wish to meet with CHC GO management for the purpose of collective bargaining. We are awaiting their response. We will attempt to establish mutually agreed upon dates where we (GHPA) and CHC can meet to discuss the components of a CLA. The question is, with the case before the Canadian Federal Court of Appeal, can we expect CHC GO to move forward and bargain in good faith?

Frankly, to date CHC has not surprised me at all. I would expect that there would be NO good faith and that they will only come to the table kicking and screaming.

As with all legal proceedings on this level, I would expect that the final decision from the Federal Court of Appeal will take at least another year. Let's hope that they, like the CIRB, will find our attempts to organise legitimate and that CHC will finally talk to us (the pilots).