PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ssea - Jar Ppl
Thread: Ssea - Jar Ppl
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2009, 16:22
BEagle

Received 328 Likes on 115 Posts
Section 9.9 is for the Examiner, earlier sections are for the licence holder's information.

There is some problem with downloading the correct form from the NPPL website at the moment*, but it will be fixed shortly. The CAA decided that anyone who really wanted a SSEA Class Rating in a non-NPPL could use this form. I suggest a covering letter as well, because the people at the CAA in licence production often seem to be the last people to be briefed about 'new' procedures.

I'm not quite sure I understand why a 'student' should need to know about SSEA Class Ratings in non-NPPL pilot licences? No non-NPPL can be issued or re-issued with a SSEA Class Rating as such licences must meet JAR-FCL requirements........ ORS 4 No 711 exemptions only apply to existing pilot licence holders with valid SEP Class Ratings.

*I've now learned that the www. nppl.uk.com website has been hacked and many pages deleted. NPLG are trying hard to sort things out. Wretched hackers; they should have every finger of each hand broken. Then let them try to use a keyboard....or wipe their backsides.

Last edited by BEagle; 16th Jul 2009 at 17:04.