PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low Oil Level, rise in temperature?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2009, 14:35
airflorida1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SNS3guppy, it seems to me that you have ZERO hand-on aviation experience. I am sure you never worked as a mechanic if you have no idea what the A&P license is. You should know what I meant by saying “I am not A&P mechanic”. I am an airframe mechanic with no powerplant ratings. You are probably a college teacher with some theoretical knowledge of engines, aircraft and aviation. I also very much doubt that you are a pilot at all.
About the oil temp and oil pressure and engine troubleshooting:
If you ever worked on engines as an aircraft maintenance technician or engineer you should know that the number 1 rule for all maintenance technicians and engineers is to follow the manuals and troubleshooting charts. The engine manuals and troubleshooting charts are created by the engine manufacturer and the technicians should follow the charts step by step starting from step 1, not from step 3 or 4. If the troubleshooting chart says that if there is low oil pressure FIRST check the tank oil level (first thing to do on all engine troubleshooting charts {what basically confirms the relationships between the oil level and its press} ) you should go and do this first even if you think that you know more than the manufacturer. If it says if there is high oil temperature FIRST check tank oil level and replenish supply (again shows the relationships between the two) you should do this first again no matter what you think about the manufacturer.
If you disagree with the manufacturer and think that there is no relationship between the oil pressure, oil temp and oil quantity it is your problem. But who does give you the right to confuse other pilots and maintenance technicians with your inventions and “creative” thoughts? It is dangerous.
If you know of any cases when there was an empty oil tank and the oil pressure was in the green arc with all other aircraft systems functioning properly, please, provide the link and then we will talk again professor SNS3guppy

Last edited by airflorida1; 16th Jul 2009 at 14:54.