PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2009, 12:33
ATC Hopeful

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am someone who comes on here to offer advice every now and then because I've been through the application proecedure and the advice I am currently offering is that reading through the 200 page long thread is not really going to be the best use of your time in preparing for the interviews. I believe the advice on the current application procedure can be summed up in about a sentence for each stage:

Stage 1:
Learn all the motivation info they send you and practice the exercises e.g. cubes, until you are confident. Seek further examples to practice, I bought a book.

Stage 2:
This was a complete day of computer tests for me, you cannot prepare for it apart from practicing a few more cubes if you are not confident with them.

Stage 3:
Prepare answers to standard interview questions reference motivation etc and have real life examples ready.

What I'm getting at here is that the comment is often made that people should go back and read the whole thread when really they only need a couple of things clarified. I don't believe there is any value in reading this whole thread unless you happen to have the spare time and are interested in other applicants' experiences. I read the latest stuff every now and then and that's just been because it's interesting to see how others are getting on or to check if I can help by answering any questions. I've never felt any need to read the whole thing.