PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SriLankan Airlines
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2009, 11:55
wetdrops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harsh words dear Coolguy! I do feel for you, but you seem to be missing the discussion completely.
The Airline does stipulate their minimum standards to qualify to be trained as a Cadet Pilot. Hence their in-house tech exams and simulator check. Regardless of whether one is a dual citizenship holder or not, almost all Cadets at UL (except for one or two chosen few) have proven themselves worthy of employment at UL. Mind you, not all make it through the first time! My advise is ... keep your cool and keep gathering knowledge. When it comes to the selection process, it will only give you more confidence to make the grade.
I agree with Moderate! The Airline is not doing well at all and the Bosses are looking at every local angle to cut costs. But they do not want to consider sending the Expat Pilots home. Let me remind you that all the Expat Pilots are on contract! And there is a specific reason for this. That being ... during hard times, when not required or to protect Srilankan Citizens who are qualified to do the same job in the same capacity, their contracts can be terminated by serving them the required notice.
The Management at Srilankan Airlines is crying out loud saying that they need to reduce the number of Pilots and implement cost cutting measures. But yet, they continue to protect and keep in employment Expatriate Pilots.