PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa Training in Arizona
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2002, 02:34
hptaccv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

..yes we are based at Goodyear Municipal Airport. Mobile, just southwest of the Estrellas also belongs to ATCA (as explained in a previous post), where we have an ILS for training purposes.

To answer the questions of the original post; The training here consists of two phases, an intial flight training phase on Piper Archers (the slow ones in Lufthansa colors), and the instrument phase conducted on Beech Bonanzas (the faster -and louder- ones mainly yellow blue)..

Theory is mainly coducted in german, with english study material.
Flight instructors here are all american (with one or two english guys thrown in), as well as the school staff. A few of the check pilots and most of the management staff are german.

Just a general question; What other airlines keep themselves a flight school here in the vicinity of Phoenix or Arizona? i heard Sabena (used to?) train in Tucson..

--Pandora

I didn't know that the british were based at williams! Seemed quite forlorn and quite the last time I was there. Where are you guys doing most of your flying?

I heard a fellow australian voice in the rt the other day, any aussies training around here?

cheers!