PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Pel Air vs RFDS for the Air Ambulance contract in Australia
Old 16th Jul 2009, 06:55
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"DD" I had a chuckle with yr comments, gee I hope yr not female there with being known as "DD" The PC12 (or any SE for that matter) won't be considered whilst those that dream up the contract req's in Vic have common sense:-)

"LB" although I have to agree with you to some extent 20.7 means zip at the end of the day with these 2 airframes. The Govt don't know sh1t from clay here & obviously use advisers for such contractual decisions, that's where that ends. (the only good thing these people did was to exclude SE Airframes.........phewwwwwwwwww!!!
The 200 & 350 both perform exceptionally well, like the 12500lbs cutoff thingy there has to be a line in the sand no more no less.The segmented climb req's for 20.7 A/C are good & well for large heavy A/C but we are talking about a tonne or so here in difference.The only advantage I can see with the 350 is it can carry more further, the latter not being a real issue in Victoria.Other than that no other advantage at all as far as I can see.

Look get a good fleet of 200GT's all decked out with say access to a small jet (regardless of whom is operating them) & lets get on with it! Going down the 350 path will just create unnecessary headaches & ultimately cost more at the end of the day.

Wnk2