PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA's revised GAAP procedures.
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2009, 02:35
Another Number

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone explain what CASA call "the circuit"?

6 planes in "the circuit" with 1 RWY & 1 controller, but 12 in "the circuit" if there are 2 RWYs & 2 controllers... is this supposed to mean that with the two duty RWYs and two controllers on duty, one circuit can have 12 planes, or do they mean 12 spread over both RWYs (what I'd call both circuits, not "the circuit")?

Specifically in regard to Singapore Southern International Aerodrome (aka YPJT) - where its not unusual to have the circuit saturated with SQ students as it is (without extra limitations) ... does this mean the "circuit training circuit" will be cut to no more than 6 a/c at a time (great for reducing the problems with the SQ 160nm wide circuits @ 85 kts, but bad for congestion - esp. departures to the East).

Even without this, I've had to wait 45 mins from startup to T/O clearance for Armadale departure (in 35C ambient) early afternoon on a weekday ... I can just imagine if there's now a queue of 18 SQ + 12 other planes awaiting depature! It'll cost students $150 just idling on the ground for their circuits!