PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2009, 16:39
8-15fromOdium

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Purdey

Thanks for your time, and yes I do know your view, but please be patient while I try to change it ;-)

Now (re #5365), to clarify my question: "do you think the investigation would be complete if an airworthiness audit had not been carried out?". I rephrase as:
Do you think that the BoI needed to consider how the Chinook Mk2 was certified airworthy?
The reason I ask is, I feel it would have been a serious omission by the BoI not to study how the aircraft was released into service and the airworthiness issues associated with the release (such as the issues raised by OC RWTS).

Things do move on a pace on this thread and the individual who may be able to clear up this issue, Atlantic Cowboy, has resurfaced. In his post of 6 Dec 2008 ( #3773 ) he alluded to the fact that an Airworthiness document existed (my highlighting).
My recollection and knowledge of the spreadsheet is that it simply records dates of communication from members of the public, MPs, Lords etc. It has no information in it other than the subject matter of the correspondence and where it is filed. It certainly does not contain the airworthiness audit trail because that was not the purpose for which the speadsheet was designed.
I have asked Atlantic Cowboy on 2 occasions the following question:
can you enlighten us if there was a seperate document drawn up that recorded the airworthiness audit trail as part of the investigation and if such a document exists has it (to your knowledge) been made publicly available
Atlantic Cowboy if you are out there what is the answer?

Last edited by 8-15fromOdium; 15th Jul 2009 at 16:42. Reason: highlighting & formatting