PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guys, Don't Do it.
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2009, 13:41
TurboJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jabbejokker doesn't think this is what's for him, what suits him. That's fair enough wouldn't you say?
No - I would say his post was pretty abusive and in need of some moderation - so he/she may have had a bad day but the use of expletives in expressing his dislike for his job on a public forum is rather sad and somewhat unprofessional.

If I were to reply in a similar manner, perhaps suggesting that your trip to Nice was pretty much nothing more than you could've got from a computer game then walking round a car park for a couple of minutes, that wouldn't be very flattering would it?
If thats how you view it, great - I don't see how such a jolly can be represented on Microsoft Flight Sim though. ???

Perhaps that you're the one who's grateful he has a job because it's frightening to think what an out of work pilot would do, or have to do to retrain.
Absolutely - Completely grateful I have a job - Tell the family of four who live near me who lost their jobs with Excel - Dad was a Captain, Mum and Daughter a hostie and son an F/O - yep - completely grateful. - or the six pilots were lost their jobs the day I left my last company.

Perhaps that if you're happy in a job that is largely unstimulating, although occasionally not so, doing things by rote with personal initiative limited to how many times you take a piss on the turnround or whether you take mercy on the poor sod next to you and not brief him for the 10th time this week on his home airfield - then perhaps you're the limited one and don't like it that Jabbejokker might have highlighted some uncomfortable truths?
So if you don't like it leave - simple. If you don't like crew food, don't eat it. Simple - If you don't want to brief for your home field, use the words 'standard brief' !

As I have posted in other threads, I have worked in different jobs, in all weathers, serving an ungrateful master, at great cost to my own personal safety, where the politics and issues are more than whether the company serves you breakfast !

For all the people who moan about flying and the issues in their company, I have yet to hear what alternative careers these people have in mind?