PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2009, 11:36
Chugalug2

Received 227 Likes on 70 Posts
caz:
Do you also intend to do away with the Military system of Justice; including Courts Martial? It would, after all, seem logical that if the Military cannot investigate and pronounce on Accidents then it should not do so in Disciplinary and Criminal matters either.
Thank you for the offer, caz, but one dragon at a time please. In the case of accidents that have subsequently been found to be airworthiness related alone, the military Accident Investigation has failed to discover that fact in each case. It really is a huge waste of time carrying out such an investigation if you are not going to find out the prime cause of the accident, for whatever reason. I don't have to tell you of all people caz that the main aim of such an investigation is to prevent a recurrence. If you fail to find the cause then the accident repeats itself, somewhere, sometime, and more people die for no good reason.

Olive Oil:
I thought the correct phrase was "negligently", not "recklessly and wantonly", and that the degree of negligence was deemed by the ROs to be gross.
You are quite right to bring me to task, Olive. So important to get the wrong finding quoted correctly, isn't it?