PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guys, Don't Do it.
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2009, 10:39
TurboJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and there are only a few months difference between someone with 500hrs on a jet and someone with 300hrs straight out of flight school.
Quite a naive comment, me thinks. It took me three jobs and 5yrs and I'm still just short of 500hrs jet time.

Jabbejokker - maybe this flying lark is not for you - I flew a visual approach into Nice yesterday, no autopilot, flight director, autothrottle; scenery was amazing and I was being paid for it. - Awesome -

I then had to do the walkround, sunning myself in 27deg blistering heat, getting off on all the playboy biz jets and VIP Airbus' on the remote stands; not to mention the departure, turning at 500ft over the sea, climbing through the overhead, looking out towards Nice, Monaco and the mountains - best office in the world

Of course the industry has issues - find me an industry that doesn't have its own issues and stresses but be gratetful you have a job -

If you don't like it go and find your ideal job and free the seat up for someone who appreciates it.

Last edited by TurboJ; 15th Jul 2009 at 10:50.