PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guys, Don't Do it.
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2009, 22:51
Scott Duch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its really hard reading all this and working at the same time.....revising for hours and hours on end to try and succed in school as much as i can. I do exam paper after exam paper in maths, physics, chemistry and geography and then pop on here for a break and then read this.....it does put me off.....then i look at my wall and see the 777 flightdeck poster and then think where i could be in 10 years and my head is back in the books, thats what dreaming of a pilot does for me.

I'm fully aware of what the industry is like, i planned to go straight into flight training and now i've applied for uni and got a place for aeronautical engineering.....that enough to show my dedication to becoming a pilot?

Im always trying to push myself to tackle my weaknesses in questions for my subjects and try every type of exam question available to me and then i read some of the stuff on here are its really off putting.....making me think will i ever get into that right hand seat?

I have a weekend job and now week job (which really don't enjoy) trying to get as much hours as possble to save up towards my ATPL and i'm not going to be doing it for another 5/6 years.

I really hope i do make it one day and battle through these somewhat negitive times.