PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2009, 21:25
Atlantic Cowboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SFFP

Reference your post at 5338.

I can categorically state that I do not post under any other title or nickame.

I find the thread is, like the campaign, going absolutely nowhere. It is now 15 years on, several Prime Ministers, several Secretaries of State, many Chiefs, many Assistant Chiefs and and god knows how many of us civil serpents have written brief after brief for all of them. End result - no change. Complete waste of defence expenditure that could have been spent on equipment etc.

There is no possibility of the MOD, Prime MInisters or Ministers present or future ever changing the findings of the BOI. (Ainsworth took one look at it and accepted the findings of the BOI - BOI's are not complete until the comments of the RO's are made). Cameron will look at the advice he is given (should he get in) and come to the same conclusion. Trust me, serpents know how Ministers (any brand or status) think and will act.

If the campaign group had any thoughts of gaining a change to the findings they would have gone for a judicial review or other legal route. They and their advisors, know it would be a complete waste of time.

Perhaps you all might consider why the MOD are so clear that their position holds irrespective. They get advice too.

AC