PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New reinforced cockpit doors
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2002, 18:58
mriya225

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maxrpm,
I wholeheartedly support your rejection of the "no contact" approach. Most of the proponents of that idea, that I've ever spoken to, were completely oblivious to occassions that absolutely necessitate your being able to see and hear what you can of your aircraft.
It's incredibly irresponsible for these passenger union types to force regulation in an industry where they lack intimate experience and knowledge. I happen to think it behooves our politicians to remind those folks that if they're laboring under the misconception that the only reasons that pilots leave the cockpit are to hit the head or chat people up, then it's time to tie those tongues and educate themselves before any further consideration to proposed restrictions on pilot mobility will be granted.
But, alas, I'm the last person in the world who'd bother to hold my breath, waiting for politicians to exhibit any behaviour that would indicate the presence of a spine... So, I think it'll come down to legitimate industry opinions having to be the squeekier wheel.

Last edited by mriya225; 24th May 2002 at 19:03.