PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2009, 20:11
mm43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CONF iture,

By the way, there is no doubt in the original version, which is in French, that the BEA had no intention whatsoever to bring forward any kind of deviation for that last automatic position report !
In an earlier post directed at JuggleDan I said,

I am not about to dispute your technical French definition of the meaning attributed by the BEA to the 02:10:34 final position, but I'd rather suggest the BEA has further data surrounding the basic position, e.g. flight level etc.. which they have deemed not relevant or desirable to be released in the Preliminary Report. In this respect, I submit that the AAIB and NTSB concurred with the wording used both in the prime report and the translated English version.
The position ultimately needs to be in 3D, and in this respect it would be reasonable to assume that AF447's flight level was other than FL350 at 02:10:34. As mentioned in the above quote, I am sure the BEA had the concurrence of both the AAIB and NTSB when using the "until" wording. Open to interpretation either way and leaving room to manoeuver. Or did no one actually see the potential implications of what was published?

mm43