PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2009, 10:39
Wrathmonk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cazatou

Thank you for replying (effectively on behalf of John Purdey).

Without wishing to sound like a broken record, IMHO, if this had been a case heard in the law courts, then there are grounds for it to be declared a mis-trial in that the rules / regulations / procedures / protocol (call them what you like) in force at the time were not followed. However, it was not in a court of law but that does not change the fact that the BoI was, IMHO, flawed, at the very least, proceduraly. My point throughout the few posts I have made on this sad topic is that I cannot see any evidence (only opinion) to justify the BoI outcome and hence my request for it to be highlighted clearly to me.

Without wishing to get flamed, whilst I think the faults in airworthiness etc being highlighted in this (and other accidents) by the likes of Chug, tuc, Brian, nigegilb, DV, TD et al is laudable, my (perhaps selfish) best outcome in this case would be to get the Gross Neg charges removed. NPD would satisfy the majority of posters on this thread I am sure. With that battle won focus could then turn to the wider war of airworthiness etc.

Finally, whilst I can't remember the exact details, IIRC it was not long after the outcome of this board that the procedures were changed again whereby blame would no longer be attributed. Timing, it seems, is sadly everything.