PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another newby thread...
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2009, 09:02
Mcambo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be careful what you wish for.........

When I was growing up i wanted to be a pilot. At that stage and living in a country town it wasn't so easy. The main option was the RAAF. I used to have model planes hanging from my bedroom roof, I collected the Illustrated encyclopedia of aircraft and when it finally came time, i sat the RAAF entrance exam, but unfortunately I didn't get in.

I am now an Accountant working as a Financial controller for a flight training school. Quite often I look out the window and see all the planes going past wishing it was me flying them. I'm now in the fortunate position though of doing my PPL. Where I work, we have some of the best young pilots around so i have my choice of really good instructors.

Dont ever do something that you think could be good. You need ot do something that you are absolutely passionate about. If they had the degree course when I was doing University then I would have done htat in a heart beat.

The fact that there is now FEE Help and HECS for the theory and flying component has made the degree course a lot more accessible. Even though you end up with htis debt, dont forget that oyu dont start paying it back until you start earning a certain income threshold and you may not achieve that level for quite a few years after finishing the degree.

Agaion, do something you are absolutely passsionate about. You dont want to regret it later in life.