PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China ATS delays
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2009, 06:06
hongkongfooey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess my rose coloured " they're doing the best they can " glasses got thrown out the nav bag when we watched a local chinese carrier ( bound for HK, same as us ) sceduled departure time 10 mins after ours, push back before our departure time after we were told " delay undetermined " ( a favourite with Chinese ATC ) , when asked why, the 2nd most favourite reply " Flow control ". I would be much happier if they told the truth and said " gweilo delay control ".
That and being told by numerous Chinese Captains that it is not unusual for ATC to ask if anyone would like to depart before us, after we have asked for a pushback.
Yes, I know, rumours, conspiracy theory etc, its probably just the Chinese guys I've spoken to trying to make their own race look bad....hang on, what the
Of course, unless you are fluent in Putonghua, you would never know how often this happens.
My other favourite is how we ( mostly ) fly around 6-10,000 below optimum levels until there is bad turbulence and then guess where all the local carriers want to be ? and guess where we end up