PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guys, Don't Do it.
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2009, 05:33
Delta Oscar Charlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to work as a senior manager(entertainment) getting paid €85k pa. Sounds great but when you break down the hours I had to put in its pretty ****. So I decided to use my savings to travel a bit and then do my CPL (boyhood dream). I should be finished by Christmas. I don't think things will improve in 2010 so my plan is to go back to work(all organised) and do my MECIR.. come 2011 I will have no debts( except for my mortgage ) and my licences completed and hope to have my ATPL's then also

The way I see it, if it works out that I can get into the business at that point fantastic, if it doesn't work out I still have my current career which can be quiet enjoyable and I'm pretty good at & I gave my dream a go (realising it to some extent as I will be a certified commercial pilot ) and will keep flying as a hobby.

I realise that not all wannabes have this option and I guess my point is, if you do have the option then go for it, you don't want to be an old timer sitting at home wondering why you didn't try. Remember you'll be dead long enough

Safe flying