PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non-Telstra mobile coverage for CHTR, is it possible?
Old 13th Jul 2009, 23:30
FRQ Charlie Bravo

Location: ˙ǝqɐq ǝɯ ʇ,uıɐ ʇɐɥʇ 'sɔıʇɐqoɹǝɐ ɹoɟ uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɯɐu ɹıǝɥʇ ʇnd ǝɯos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Non-Telstra mobile coverage for CHTR, is it possible?

I've been in the game professionally for 3 years and I'm now operating from a capitol city but still going bush regularly. Having become accustomed to Telstra's service and prices in the bush I now walk through the shopping malls tripping over my jaw as I see the incredible deals offered by Virgin, 3, Optus, Vodafone etc. The folks at 3 claim to have access to the Telstra 3G network even in remote areas but on further inspection I find that this excludes places like Tarcoola SA, Wyndham WA and other similar examples I have put to them (places I've been surprised to find ample signal bars on my phone to check WX, email and call the boss/family).

With the view to use Telstra Pre-paid as a backup I've looked into dual sim phones and sim card splitters (they turn two sims into one to slot into a single phone and install a program on the phone allowing you to choose which sim using the menu) but I'm not convinced that these are the best idea as the call forwarding costs (non-Telstra permanently diverted to Telstra pre-paid number) could become excessive.

Does anybody have a good system that doesn't involve carrying two phones or being only with Telstra?

~FRQ CB