PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow Slots
Thread: Heathrow Slots
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2002, 14:29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crabette:

How to make friends and influence people. It is not often that I feel the need to express my irritation on these forums but frankly you have got right under my skin.

"Now, one has to bend to the whim of a jumped up, power crazed not too sharp eyed (give current ATC reports of the new system) bolshie controller, who has no idea of the hassle placed before the aviators of today."

Would you like to read that again and then have a little think about the sort of reaction that it's going to get?

Clearly, you are ignorant of just how oversubscribed Heathrow is and how much pressure the ATC staff are under to keep it operating at max. capacity. (The "new" system relates to En-route control and as such Heathrow has nothing to do with it.)The fact that Helis don't often have to use the runways is immaterial; they still have to be co-ordinated and worked into the system and they are a distraction to the main task.

It seems to me that too many people expect the underfunded, understaffed and underprovided (concrete) ATC system to be all things to all people. You only get a pint into a pint pot if you pour it very gently.

Let me ask, how many pax do you get in your machine?? Most of our fixed wing traffic carries between 50 and 450. It seems to me then that in the grand scheme of things you are pretty small cheese .

"But please, all you pen pushing rubber desk jonnies out there.....let us get on with the job at hand.............namely flying! Without us you don’t even have a job!"

You are bang out of order. All you are likely to get with that sort of attitude is a bunch of fives.

Sir/ madam your attitude is ill informed and offensive. I don't bear grudges but an apology would be quite acceptable, thank you.

Point 4

Last edited by 120.4; 24th May 2002 at 14:33.