PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Commission
Thread: RAF Commission
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2002, 13:36
Flap62

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ill resist speaking for any other branch but I have to say that I'm sure that I will always look back on my time as aircrew with immense pride and satisfaction. Yes there are frustrations but anyone who tells you it isn't the best job in the world is an ar*e!
My advice to this individual is to do exactly as he wants, just don't moan about it afterwards if it doesn't go as you hope. Reading some of the replies from bitter and twisted individuals on this thread might give entirely the wrong impression. You only have to look at the cute little pet names that they've used for officers (ruperts and rodneys) to see that they have an inferiority complex that would rate with the best. Many of the airmen on sqns and units I served on were very well qualified (much more so than me) and I respected the time and effort they had put ito gaining these qualifications. Unfortnately there are certain individuals who make sweeping generalisations about the officer core which as usual reduce what might be a worthwhile discussion into the usual playground squabble.