PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Commission
Thread: RAF Commission
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2002, 13:06
Always_broken_in_wilts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MJ, your ID is safe!!

However I applaud your well structured "dressing down" and only wish that that I could expect to receive such a balanced reply from most of your colleagues, or is it maybe that your comments are background driven?

If you do know me then I hope you will agree that I really do not have an axe to grind. I am quite content in the knowledge that I have probably reached my rung on life’s ladder; after all we cannot all be Chiefs so you have to have a large bunch of happy Indians, and happy am I. For what I do I receive a more than respectable income, although the flying pay issues do rather confuse me, and whilst, should I choose to live in MQ's, which I don't, my house would be considerably smaller than yours I accept this as simply a part of the three tier class society we in the military live in. This manifests itself quite clearly in the fact that whilst down route the simple act of "aving a beer" in each others company is simplicity itself yet back in Wilts drinking with the knockers is not only frowned upon but bloody difficult to arrange. But don’t worry Sir as I do know my place!!

Whilst I do not agree with most of what has been said in this thread so far, by both sides of the house, I do firmly agree with KSY. The company we work for is extremely inefficient, we are led, not exclusively but predominantly, by people that we have little respect for, and we are all asked on a daily basis to work with equipment that is not fit for it’s purpose because of inept procurement and penny pinching cost cutting measures.

With this in mind the individual in question would do well to take his expertise into the private sector and make a go of it in the real world.

What started out for me as a great adventure all those years ago has now, rather sadly turned into nothing more than a "job" I go to work when required and do my level best at what I do but most of the desire and drive I had has evaporated. I do not believe it's a failing on my part but more a lack of leadership from those whose job it is challenge and inspire me, lately they have failed dismally. I, like so many of my colleagues, really do believe that it's the same old sh@t, day in day out as we seem to strive to advance some other fuc@!rs career.

If this sounds bitter and twisted, and I could understand if it was percieved that way, next time you are down route and you listen to your sky gods waxing lyrical. Wait for the moment when one turns to the other and comments about a flt cdr/wg cdr/staish and utters the immortal words....how did that tos@er/wan@er ever get promoted and ask yourself if I have a point.

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

PS If you do know me feel free to take me to task at work or over a beer, if we can find somewhere to go

Last edited by Always_broken_in_wilts; 24th May 2002 at 17:26.