PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots Eye TV
Thread: Pilots Eye TV
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2009, 22:10
c2lass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tim00

Thanks very much for letting me know about the vids. We bought the VS 747-400 which we have just watched and it is absolutely brilliant. Alot of techie stuff which was a bit above me, however hubby was enthralled as he could understand the technical bits much better than me.

This video is a real eye opener and extremely well explained about what goes on before, during and after a flight. I was totally amazed at all the pre flight work and all the contingency plans. Hopefully this will now go some way into alleviating some of the fears I always experience when flying.

I have the utmost admiration for all you crew who carry us SLF to our destinations safe and sound and now I have a better understanding of what is involved in a flight I think I can now begin to enjoy flying. Most SLF will not have a clue what goes on behind the scenes but thanks to videos like this, wow what an experience.

One question though. In the video you saw the Captain doing a visible inspection of all the exterior of the aircraft. Is this something that happens before every flight, in that the Captain will walk around looking at different parts of the aircraft exterior? I have never noticed that before, although I may have just thought it was ground staff.

Sad to read in the PPrune archives that FO John Cullom died a couple of years ago.

Our next purchase will be the Concorde one so looking forward to that.