PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA starts 'expedited review' of pilot rest rules
Old 12th Jul 2009, 21:26
AirRabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadtrip
The FAA is run by worthless, do-nothing idiots owned by the airline executives.
You can expect NOTHING to be done. This crap has been going on for years and they KNOW the problems but have done NOTHING except when ordered by court. Pilots in the cockpit are what keep the aviation industry as safe as it is, in spite of the FAA.
Perhaps you are correct ... and if you are, then I would think the US should have but two options:
1) Find a way to make the decisions made by whatever professionals the FAA has in its employ to be implemented; or
2) Disband the FAA and leave airline operations up to those who own the airlines;
Oh, wait ... option number one would mean that the US would have to elect only "honest" folks into the houses of Congress, install only "honest" persons to run the various cabinet posts (like Secretary of Transportation, FAA Administrator, or NTSB Chairman), elect only "honest" persons to function as the President, and put only "honest" persons on the judicial benches. Hmm. OK. Go with option number two. Oh, wait (again), isn't that what you said was going on now?

So, I guess option number 3 would have to be to let those who are currently responsible for the safety of the system, officially "run" the system. And, I believe you said that was "the pilots in the cockpit." Right? Uh ... which ones would those be? ALPA, IFALPA, APA, Teamsters? Maybe, if we do it right, we could get all the unions running the aviation systems and eventually get to the condition currently enjoyed by the US automobile industry.