PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger Duty Tax Increase - Petition
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2009, 14:39
757_Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its amazing how, if you tell a lie for long enough it becomes "Truth". Before hand wringining about wether this money actually goes to environmental projects, its worth reflecting that the real truth is there are no, or exceedingly minimal, environmental effects of flying. Its just another class war from the same people that brought you CND, Anti-capitalism etc etc.
Deforestation contributes more CO2 in one year than the total combined effects of all aviation, in the world, EVER - i.e from 1903 to date!
The internet emits more CO2 than aviation - is that gonna be taxed out of existance?
Wanna really do something for the environment - don't eat meat. Wheres the Beef tax - contributes towards deforestation AND methane emissions!

I'm all in favour of a true CO2 tax on every product. Except that imported chinese crap would treble in price, we'd all have to be veggies, but we'd get to fly on holiday cheap.
Oh well. You get what you deserve I guess. The UK population in general are a bunch of subservient sheep. I will be sitting pretty abroad with my family in the future whatching the UK become the worlds most environmentally concious, politically correct, but thirld world, economy.