PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skill Tests and Proficiency Checks - Astonishing new paperwork......
Old 24th May 2002, 11:45
CaptAirProx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEagle, whats more is they have just published a great book called Lasors. Cost £5.00 plus postage and is a little gem for all the new licencing procedures and is long over due.

Now I don't mind paying for this but I am very annoyed that the CAA fail to inform all examiners of its existence. We as examiners are supposed to be "freelance". As I do this part-time now for a hobby, I am very much freelance. This book is a must for any examiner and can help "us" answer the many questions that come my way about licencing issues. I am told this book was sent to each flying club. If we as examiners where told of these gems and therefore invited to purchase them. We could do our job properly as "ambassadors" to the CAA crap licencing stuff and answer most questions of the flying fraternity before they ever flood the useless belgrano with what they call "irritating" calls.

We pay massive renewal fees as examiners, (just done mine & bitter!) and get treated by the CAA as cretins. Yet they then have the nerve to make us do more of their work for them without giving us the tools to do it. I think it is time for a revolt. I reckon they should do what the airlines do when it gets out of hand. Shut the thing down, sell it all off at the market and start all over again with the best bits. If there are any. About the only thing going for it is the ivory tower.

Was there the other day and could'nt believe the language of the security staff at the front desk. Every other word was the "C" word. Not very professional! Sums up the whole farce to me.