PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guys, Don't Do it.
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2009, 21:35
jabbejokker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, Don't Do it.

This [airline] industry isn't worth your time.

The conditions are getting worse every year, you won't get a return on your investment whithin a reasonable time, there is no more glory, it's boring, you won't see your family, you wont have job security, you will lose contact with you family and freinds, you will age faster, if you get fired or furloughed you will have to start all over again at another company.

Sorry to break it to you guys but someone has to. I'm currently employed with a decent airline and have been for two years and i still regret my choice. The main arguments you will hear following this thread are:

"I do it for the love of flying"

Bull****!

You thought you were going to get paid and treated right and now all you have left is this piss-excuse to prevent yourself from jumping out the window!
F15's are fun, Cubs are fun but cruising in a Airbus for 6 hours is as interesting as staring out the window on a rainy day!

"The sunsets are nice"

But they are nicer if seen from the beach with a beer and a pretty girl. Also sunrises pale in comparison to seeing a smile on your childs face when your HOME.

My advice? Do something else that is fun but also rewarding. Don't beleive it when people say that there is nothing else out there for them. The options are plenty and with the time, effort and money you would spend on an airline carreer you could build a much better life elsewhere.

Last edited by jabbejokker; 11th Jul 2009 at 21:55.