PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2009, 17:36
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't suppose there could be any chance that the German report is more of an indicator that Germans don't like Frenchmen than anything else?
Nope !!! This means Der Spiegel is notoriously anti french and has been known so for years. This being said, it remains a very good weekly that I read religiously every week.
Like it or not, there are national traits. I see it every day I'm on the job.
A list of the most and least agreable customers was put up by world hoteliers.
Most likable ?? Japanese, Brits and Canadian. They are supposed to be courteous and are not too fussy about prices ( Although the brits.....) )
Least ?? The french behind..................????? The Greeks and the Turks !!! They are supposed to be impolite, fussy and very stingy as they very rarely tip !!
You'll find that on the net.

Yes, national culture plays a big part in airline safety. It has been eloquently described by an Australian professor at the university of Newcastle NSW. Too bad I forgot his name, but he did make a telling parallel between the rate of accidents and the culture of the airlines concerned.
At the top of the pile were the australians and this, due mainly to the very no fuss, tell it as it is culture.
At the bottom of the pile, asians and south americans where the sense of hierarchy is very strong and sometimes paralyzing.
I'm sure you can find this on the net somewhere.

Lufthansa would never lose an airplane due to its "safety culture". That's impossible!
Well, old boy, they haven't since 1999 and prior to that the last accident was in 1974 or 77. Anyway, hoodle ago.
It is said germans are boring but I tell you, in this line of work, you have to be a bit of a bore. You know, like doing things exactly as they are supposed to be done again and again. Look at the safe side.........and the germans are very good at that, look at their cars !
The flamboyant type as we all know, usually ends up hurting himself.

Last edited by Me Myself; 11th Jul 2009 at 17:47.