PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2009, 16:30
Lemurian

Sun worshipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ArthurBorges

This is the most despicable piece of reporting I have ever seen...and radiococo and its subsidiaries euro ( !!!!) cockpit have quite a record of nastiness...They outdid themselves in terms of hateful anti BEA or AF agenda. Quite impressive, really.
I really am sorry that their so-called "work" is taken on this site more seriously than PH-KAR study or the more objective contributions of a few posters...

txl :
The "Spiegel" piece cites a three year old "internal AF report" that allegedly criticizes "insufficient security culture" at the French carrier.
Same tactics, here. Well known piece of news ( it's about the Colin report back in 2006 that audited the flight safety measures in the airlines).Gourgeon mentioned it in le "Figaro" interview of two days ago :
"... Qu'avez-vous vraiment changé depuis le très critique rapport Colin sur la sécurité aérienne ?

Je suis fier du rapport Colin, diffusé à tous les navigants de la compagnie, et qui montre que chez nous, il n'y a pas de tabous en matière de sécurité. En octobre 2005, nous avions confié à trois commandants de bord instructeurs d'Air France une mission d'analyse portant sur l'organisation et le fonctionnement de nos opérations aériennes. Depuis, il faut savoir que les recommandations de ce rapport ont été mises en œuvre dans tous les domaines : règles opérationnelles, organisation et sécurité des vols, formation des personnels navigants, exploitation et maintenance au sol."

My ranslation :
"..What have you done since the Colin report which was full of critics on flight safety (measures) ?
I am proud of the Colin Report, dispatched to all flying personels of the airline, which shows that in our company, there is no taboo as far as safety is concerned. In October 2005 we charged three training captains with a mission of analysis of the organisation and the functioning of our air operations. Since then, it should be made known that this report recommendations have been implemented in all domains : operational rules, organisation and flight safety, crew training, ground operations and maintenance...

Interview HERE
As for the declaration COB Spinetta made :
" La sécurité de nos vols a été prise en défaut, il nous faut comprendre ce qui est arrivé", a-t-il ajouté. "Il nous faut comprendre pourquoi. Nous ne prétendons pas avoir tout bien fait", a dit M. Spinetta, à l'ouverture de l'assemblée générale des actionnaires d'Air France-KLM. "Il faut comprendre ce qui s'est passé, dire la vérité quelle qu'elle soit pour l'entreprise", a-t-il ajouté. "
or :
"the safety of our flights has been caught out. We have to understand what happened...We have to understand why. We don't pretend we've done everything right,said Mr Spinetta on the opening of the AF/KL AG...We have to understand what happened, tell the truth, whatever it is, for the airline..."
Interview Here

That's not quite what you're so keen on publishing :
Accoring to "Spiegel online", AF claims to have addressed these issues since the report was presented in June 2006. Still, AF/KLM Group Chief Jean-Cyril Spinetta is said to have told investors last week that AF is aware of its bad security record (wording by "Spiegel online", not a direct quote).
I'm glad that some people know the quality of journalism from der Spiegel :
I guess you know Der Spiegel. It has broken many big stories but its track record for accuracy in journalism is pretty sloppy.
Thanks, ArthurBorges.
On the other hand,
For starters, the AF/Air Inter merger was, for all legal purposes, the purchase of state-owned AF by privately-owned Air Inter: Air France is just a registered trademark.
is not correct.Air Inter came into AF's basket when UTA was merged with AF. The Air Inter shares UTA brought made AF the main shareholder.
As for the financial manipulation, just replace" Air Inter" with "UTA". It's true.

I just realised that a few posts have gone through while I was doing my research.
I don't agree with everything Me Myself has written but there is definitely some truth behind his words. Some of what he wrote can explain a lot on the Alter/Radiococo/Eurocockpit attitude (still a despicable attitude, though) and if we scratch the surface a bit more, we could find that these same guys wear a heavy load on the responsibility. If Me Myself is who I think he is, he could have a lot to tell.
Me, I'm callously out of that sort of discussion.

Last edited by Lemurian; 11th Jul 2009 at 16:48.