PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow Slots
Thread: Heathrow Slots
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2002, 10:01
Dan Dare

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Little Crab, wash your mouth out with soap and water!!!

I think you will find that the ATCOs everywhere will do everything in their (sometimes limited) power to move as much traffic as possible within the bounds of safety. I don't believe that it matters whether you are a B747, a light single or a helicopter, we try our best to fit you in. If we wanted to push pens then we would all probably be doing propper jobs with propper pay. As it happens, most of us enjoy getting on with the job.....making your flying quicker and safer!

p.s. we are all constrained by the jobsworths, bean counters and other killjoys who make the rule book so big that it no longer has any meaning and seem to put rules ahead of safety and common sense. I apologise for them and always do my upmost to delay their progress.

p.p.s. How do you rotorheads propose we can improve heli operations at busy international airports? Would you like to operate autonomously into a remote piece of concrete on the airport or would you prefer the delays (to everybody) of having vortex separations to apply with runway operations? Can we make more use of your flexibility (having just come from a clearing in someone's back garden etc)? What are YOU doing about it?

Last edited by Dan Dare; 24th May 2002 at 10:06.