PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2009, 12:13
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
1,2,3,4, Let them wait outside the door...5,6,7,8, Does them good to stand and wait! Come! Ah, JP, sorry to keep you waiting but all our operators have been extremely busy, hope you liked the Mozart, catchy isn't it? Now where were we, ah yes, the prologue..
Chugalug.... put up or shut up. JP
Glad to see you've taken my call for a bit more edge into account, JP. Good first effort, particularly like the repetition of "up", but we know another word that JP could have used with "up" to describe this affair, don't we boys and girls? That's right! So your post 5278:

Chugalug.
..... " Not only bent on covering up the culpability of the CoC in foisting a known unairworthy aircraft type into service, the RAF then stitches up two JO's to cover their tracks with fabricated "modelling" of non-evidence."

So it was a conspiracy. Why do you not go public? I'm sure that many 'major' newspapers would be only too pleased to get their hands on a scandal of that scale; failing that, then 'Private Eye 'would probably do so. Of course, you would have to give your real name, and to be sure of your facts.

Now there is a challenge for you. Are you up to it? Otherwise, please spare us these allegations.
I'm particularly interested in your use of the word "conspiracy" JP, your word not mine! I point out that the BoI ignored known airworthiness problems of the Chinook Mk2 (or more correctly included a one line reference, and then ignored them). Similarly it asked one question of their only witness to en-route weather, got the "wrong" answer (ie that he could see both the Chinook that was bathed in sunlight, and the Mull coastline). Even so the BoI failed to come up with the "robust" finding required of it which was then imposed by the RO's, without mention of the two discrepancies above, indeed they substituted their "knowledge" of the weather which was at variance to that of the BoI, suggesting that witnesses on the Mull where it was indisputably IMC provided proof of conditions away from the Mull. The "robust" finding was of course to find that both pilots were Grossly Negligent, a satisfactory outcome for both the MOD (the Airworthiness Authority responsible for the Airworthiness of the aircraft, and the RAF (the Operator, which had pushed it into Squadron Service). What I find interesting is that you see my construction above as tantamount to being a conspiracy, yet Walter's (sorry Walter, merely for illustrative purposes) version that a clandestine landing had been authorised and possibly an associated and hence presumably successful Mass Murder perpetrated is not so labelled, even by your chums (you know, the "many folk" that you have mentioned before?). One getting too close to reality perhaps? Oh, that's another thing, when you get rattled you accuse me and others of hiding behind our identities. Are you saying that you really are "John Purdey"? Thing is I can't find anyone of that name in my RAF List, though it is the 1982 edition!