PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2009, 09:29
walter kennedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chugalug2
Oh, and while I'm at it <<...into an LZ with very high terrain all around, ...>> - why not take a few days break and go see the area – from the direction they were approaching, the Mull occupied only ¼ of their horizon to their right – an isolated low hill – easy to avoid if they had not good reason to approach it very closely.
And this <<but some bloke wandering around the Mull slopes, with a backpack, not at the LZ because he himself is a little uncertain of his position due to fog? >> - the track to the LZ is well defined with a small area of tarmac where vehicles could turn; on the day, with the level of the start of the mist as reported, anyone standing on that LZ should have been able to get a visual on the light house frequently enough to know where he was standing – what kind of people do you think would have thehand sets?

Pulse1
<<We do have on record the testimony of Witness A, a very experienced SH Chinook pilot: >> - who was referring back to the BOI and therefore perhaps mindful of contadicting it regarding an aspect that he may have not considered, that would have been hard to address when put on the spot. Perhaps we should be pushing such pilots to open discussion here? - as you rightly wrote <<... it is a pity that more crews from that period can't enlighten us about this and some of the airworthiness issues.>>.
Now that for bit you wrote <<Other than that, all I can say is that, when you are given information that doesn't fit your theories, e.g. by jayteeto and tandemrotor, you tend to ignore it. >> - well, I came to this site way back to exchange ideas and get information and there is no doubt that I and others have been wrong on several points – as this debate has matured and so much has been covered over the years, I wonder what information have I been given, by say jayteeto and tandemrotor, that refutes any significant aspect of the scenario that I have been putting forward lately? If you can repeat those points – or better get those guys to revisit the debate – it may be educational to all of us.

Last edited by walter kennedy; 11th Jul 2009 at 09:31. Reason: spelling