PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign Students Training in Oz.
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2009, 04:47
OhForSure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
das: please do continue, I'm enjoying every word of this!

And, in my most humble opinion, the general consensus here is entirely accurate. These types of students call in sick on an absurdly regular basis, make every excuse under the sun to not go flying and do absolutely zero studying. Then they demand to be able to fly solo, or be put up for a test when their flying abilities are abysmal.

In my opinion, it's a cultural disparity. At an entirely different school at YSBK, I witnessed an Indian CPL licensed pilot fly worse than my dog could. And there is absolutely no exaggeration there on my part. He was in Aus to do his multi-rating, gave up after 2 flights and told the CFI he just wanted him to sign the documents, give him the rating, and the school could keep the money and he'd go home to fly for Air India. "That's the way we do things in India", he said.

Wow.

-PS- I must state, that this story doesn't portray all Indian students, some of them are brilliant, even better than many local students... unfortunately they're in the vast minority. I hope this situation can be resolved for both parties.