PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIC Time - Has anyone had a straight Answer?
Old 11th Jul 2009, 04:14
Gordy

Received 50 Likes on 15 Posts
SASless...

How true. You and I need to go for a beer one night.....

Reminds me of this...("Papa Phil" is my boss...):

A FEW GOOD HELICOPTER PILOTS..............

Gordy: "You want answers?"

Papa Phil: "I think I’m entitled."

Gordy: "You want answers?!"

Papa Phil: "I want the truth!"

Gordy: "You can't handle the truth!!!"

"We live in a world that requires revenue. That revenue is generated by flying helicopters, and must be flown by people with elite skills. Who's going to do it? You, Mr. President? You Mr. Finance? You, Ms. Human Resources? We have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You scoff at the Line Pilots and you curse our mediocre incentives. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what we know. And my very existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, drives REVENUE!

You don't want to know the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at the coffee pot and staff meetings, you want me in that helicopter. You NEED me in that helicopter!! We use words like RH, backing fire, ping pong balls, long line, buckets, load calcs, airworthiness, medium-rare, and on-the-rocks. We use these words as the backbone of all Professional Helicopter Fire Aviation. You use them as a punch line! I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to people who rise and sleep under the very blanket of service I provide and then question the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a flight helmet. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!"

Papa Phil: "Did you expense the lap dancers?"

Gordy: "I did the job I was hired to do."

Papa Phil: "Did you expense the lap dancers?!"

Gordy: "You're goddamn right I did!”