PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2009, 03:33
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The train doesn't actually take you to the Airport terminal.
Why not? Is there no way that it could be extended?
No, as trains can't travel up steep hills and to tunnel to a new station under the terminal would cost too much.

Roadworks seem never ending, always something either on the M1 or on the roads to the Airport.
All finished now but more to start next year by junction 10A, which should not affect the existing routes while they are being built.

Is there no alternative additional route for an access road,
No, there are three routes to the airport but once you get to the Ibis it is down to one but thats no different to Heathrow terminals 1-3

Got to say that access to the airport has never been faster or better. It's just that 2-3 hour spell in the morning when there are queues but they do keep on moving. The custom of drivers who wait in cars in the drop off area which used to add to congestion seems to be coming to an end. With free 1 hour parking in the midterm car park and only £2 for 2 hours hopefully it will catch on as an £80 fine will focus a few minds.

update
At 6:08 this morning the queue of cars was back to the Ibis. At the back of the queue was an airport shuttle bus that got to the terminal a good deal quicker than me as I walked from the Holiday Inn. I would say today at that time it was taking around 5 minutes. By 7:00 the queue had completely gone.

Last edited by LTNman; 11th Jul 2009 at 07:20.