PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2009, 19:36
cazatou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chugalug 2

I find your opinions, as expressed in your most recent posts, not only outrageous - but also potentially libellous. It would appear that you think that anyone who disagrees with your point of view in respect of this tragedy is part of a wide ranging conspiracy to divert attention from the nefarious (or even nefandous) activities (in your opinion) of the two Air Marshals in order to cast blame on the two deceased Pilots who are (in your opinion) totally blameless.

I used to stress to the Pilots I trained on 32 SQN that the most important ability a VIP Pilot could have was the ability to say "NO" if the situation so required. Regrettably, the 2 Pilots involved in this tragedy do not appear to have considered that option. Nobody imposed that routing on them - it was their choice. Nobody insisted that they had to do that task at the end of a strenuous day - it was their choice. A simple crew rearrangment could have put one experienced Captain with the newly qualified Captain and the other experienced Captain with the Navigator for the days tasking. That would also have given the second crew ample time to consider other possible routings in view of the weather and negated any potential crew duty problems.