PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - White Waltham
Thread: White Waltham
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2009, 15:40
Zulu Alpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've dropped into WW or Hogwaltham as its affectionately known. It is a members club and has exactly that feel about it. They do have the right to make it a bit exclusive, they have all paid membership fees and expect something for it ie a seat at the bar and a short wait for food. If casual visitors have been offended by not being welcomed with open arms then they should bear this in mind, but I'm sure a little bit of pre-arrangement would work wonders. It exactly because it is a nice place that they have to be a bit aggressive about chasing away strangers, otherwise it would be swamped.

It has a Clarksonesque attitude to things like C150 drivers wearing epaulettes, hence the round of drinks rule (and yes its not in the AIP!!!)

Wessex boy, I'm sure you'll be welcome...and just to make sure then why not ask if anyone on this forum would invite you as their guest. If anyone from WW is still reading this, WB is a good lad, he loves aeros and has been known to buy people drinks... so let him in.

Ed is actually a lovely chap; he just gets a bit aggressive when hungry and at the top of avalanches.

ZA

Last edited by Zulu Alpha; 10th Jul 2009 at 16:07.