PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Services Australia versus NATS
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2009, 15:04
1208PUNK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up thanks for the feedback

hey people thanks for the replies....im not saying NATS is bad at all so for those who work for them i apologise (im actually jealous). from my experience over in the NATS centre the people who worked there were extremely friendly and people i could easily get on with. i just keep hearing various things with regards to air traffic control (various new implements such as mode s and IFACTS that are not being welcomed and are felt to be of no worth) and that the atc recruitment process isnt what it used to be...some people who currently work for them even informed me that people are still being tested (despite no positions being available) and failed no matter how they performed just to keep people interested in the whole process should new positions become available. i myself am from the far north of ireland and it cost me the best part of £500 to travel to glasgow for one set of tests and then swanick in the south for the 2nd set of tests. to be failed when i thought i had passed comfortably was a shock but at least if i was given some feedback i feel i could let it go...the fact i was just given email sorry you have not reached the next stage is extremely dissappointing given the costs to myself to attend the tests. just a simple pass score and my score in relation to this would have sufficed.

anyway this was my backup plan...i have since passed all air services australia tests and been placed on the order of merit so i hope the year i have spent doing various tests in various countries has been worthwhile!