PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vista repair help please.
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2009, 11:22
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vista repair help please.

I seem to have wandered innocently into helping friends 'fix' machines. XP I am happy with. One of Mrs B's friends tried to install Vista SP2 on an HP G6000 lappie. ......wait for it................

It 'took for ever' and as midnight was approaching and it had not finished and the lappie was getting 'warm' .....wait for it............... she 'switched it off'

OK - don't say it. Anyway, it now appears to be (unsurprisingly) complaining and still stuck in some sort of install loop. Apparently (via telephone) the 'automatic' repair starts and then restores to the ?ONLY? restore point, the same date as the (automatic) Windows update to SP2 (yes, I know....). This is not successful. Hubby (very ill with nasty chemotherapy and not able to do much) says it 'will not go into 'Safe' mode.

She is bringing it to me (some sort of blind faith I guess) tomorrow (Sat). I have downloaded 2 Vista repair Iso's (X32 and 64) today and will launch bravely into a recce tomorrow. In the meantime, any hints (apart from Install XP, buy a Mac, emigrate etc)?