PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When does a delay become a cancellation?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2009, 10:37
geoff1248

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ExXB
This is exactly my point and the reason for the original post. Just when does a flight become a cancellation rather than a reschedule? No one has yet managed to answer this question.
It is just because the EC regs are so woolly that each case must be treated on its merits and that is why we have courts. If it was all black and white we would need neither courts nor solicitors. You obviously have one view on my particular claim while I and a number of fekkow passengers have another view. Hence I am happy for the court to make a ruling on this case. Your view may well be the correct one we shall see.
What happened was not "extraordinary circumstances";' it was foreseeable and the remedy was within Easys power.
Based
Don't worry I'm not a Victor Meldrew type. I can fully accept that from time to time things can go wrong, sometimes they can seriously inconvenience you. Usually you let them go because of work/family or other commitments you just don't have the time to complain. This doesn't mean that a complaint wasn't warranted. However retirement puts a different scope on things. Grumpy old men---maybe---but still a warranted complaint. Maybe you never complain and your life is just fine. Naturally you cannot have any idea of just how inconvienent this delay was to us and the likely consequences. I would not consider it compensation think of it as a fine for failing to adhear to the regs.
Funny thing is that talking to a number of other passengers had Easy apologised and given everyone a free flight as compensation it would have been great PR and also have ended the matter. However their default position is to deny and thus continue the problem.