PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's wrong with being 40 when you start training?
Old 10th Jul 2009, 08:22
Cpt.Iwillbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We Are In The Same Plane, Flying The Same Way

God bless us all, go, go, go. I heard from my commercial pilot friends that its ok and 40 is still young.

Am working, studying, building my house, doing ground school at home and have a wife with 3 kids to love and care for.

Am 37 and with god's grace will go anywhere next February to get my CPL with whatever rating I can afford on USD20K. The rest is also in god's hands again. When I return from my training, will resume my work while doing the most with whatever I have aquired during my flying voyage. Should I get a flying job, amen I will not think twice but fly the rest of my life.

I always wanted to be a pilot, since age 3. I attended ground school at 14 and did my 1st solo at 17. With no money and no sponsers, I stopped because I had to live and took any job that puts food on the table. For 20 long years I saved and saved and saved and saved, looking up to the sky each time an aircraft passed, till now...

Please keep in touch & god bless each & every one of you out there, amen